Friday, June 19, 2009

Britney: I'm Truly Happy!


Britney Spears has addressed rumors she was pressured into launching her current world tour, insisting she proposed the idea because she was sick of people thinking she was “finished.”

Spears has endured a tumultuous 12 months which saw her lose custody of her two sons, suffer a break down and spend time in hospital under a mental health order.

But the pop superstar appeared to bounce back with the launch of her Circus shows earlier this year.

But Internet gossips have speculated that Spears is not ready for such a massive operation, with many suggesting her father, Jamie, and manager Larry Rudolph pushed her back out on the road.

But Spears insists she was the driving force behind her Circus tour, because she wanted to silence the critics who thought her career ended with her meltdown.

She tells Hello!, “A lot of people thought I wouldn’t make it. People thought I was finished, didn’t they?

“I guess for a while last year it looked that way. Nothing I can do about the past. But I’m hoping to prove them wrong now. And I have really put everything I have into this new show.”

And the performer admits going back on the road has been a therapeutic experience for her.

She adds, “I’m not sad any more. I was just so sad for such a long time, but not anymore. And you know what? That feels really, really good. I’m happy. Truly. I feel like the girl who has it all. I have my family, my boys, my friends, my fans, this show.”


Source: SFGate
Picture: BritneySpears.com

Tweet This Post

0 comments: